The Department has developed various means over the years to promote and oversee the development of Québec’s mineral resources, with a view to sustainable development and to the benefit of the population.
These means include a plan to develop the minerals for the future that are essential to the energy transition, the use of tools to support innovation and research, the acquisition and sharing of knowledge about our mineral potential. They are all based on a set of policies and a modern legal and regulatory framework that promote transparency and best management practices.
- New Legislative and Regulatory Provisions
- Exploration Rights
- Extraction Rights
- Exploration and Land Reserved to the State
- Mining Activity and Other Land Uses
- Directives and Notices
- Conversion, Replacement and Amalgamation
- Mining Title Management System (GESTIM)