- Guide for public consultations conducted by the promoters of certain mining projects
- Best Practices Guide for Monitoring Committees and Legal Obligations of Mining and Petroleum Project Promoters
- Investing in Québec’s mining sector
This document presents the mineral potential of substances and the main advantages of investing in the mining sector in Québec.
- Guide for the preparation of a scoping and market study for processing in Québec
- The Mineral Development Process
- Québec mines
This bulletin presents highlights of mineral exploration in Québec, taxation and the Mining Act.
- Report on Mineral Activities in Québec
This report presents an overview of the mining industry.
- Earthquakes (GT 2011-01 )
This poster presents the processes responsible for earthquakes, the seismic activity in Québec between 1663 and 2010, and the measures to take before and during the event.
- Geotourism map of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue (GT2010-03 )
This geotourism map is a unique and indispensable tool to know and understand the principal sites of geological interest in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region.
- Mineral deposit of Québec (GT2007-02 )
This document introduces to the distribution of resources for base and precious metals, minerals, rocks and peat
- Québec’s Dimensional granites (GT92-04 )
This poster presents the dimensional granite deposits in Québec.
- Promotion Documents
These documents describe potential exploration targets in Québec.
This application catalogues the data in the Department’s mining information holdings: bibliographic data, reports, maps.
This document presents the terms and conditions for granting a claim, the obligations of the claim holder to ensure its renewal and the requirements regarding assessment work.
- Exploration and mining surface mineral substances
This publication deals with the exploration and mining of surface mineral substances. Its purpose is to provide our clients about the terms and conditions for granting, exercising and renewing any rights related to these activities.
- Mining leases and concessions
This document deals with mining leases and concessions. It describes the conditions for issuing and renewing a mining lease, the rights and obligations of the holder of a mining lease or concession, the required authorizations for setting up a mill or for choosing the location of mine tailings, the obligations related to filing a mining site rehabilitation plan, the terms and conditions for subdividing the surface.
- Conversion, replacement and amalgamation
This publication presents the various measures implement in order to allow staked claims to be progressively replaced by map-designated claim and to standardize the shape and area of the parcels of land that can be designated on a map.
Mineral resource maps
This page contains maps produced by the Department or in collaboration with other organizations.