Québec Exploration 2010: Survey Results at a Glance
Gladys Chamberland et Christian Fortin,
Ministère des Ressources naturelles et de la Faune
In the weeks following Québec Exploration 2010, attendees were invited to respond to an online survey. Conference organizers were hoping to elicit their opinions about the event's organization and overall directions to better prepare future editions of Québec Exploration. The response rate of 28.3% was quite high. Our thanks to those who responded.
While the results are still being analyzed, some interesting figures have come to light.
- For example, 25% of respondents attended Québec Exploration for the first time in 2010, whereas 17.4% were on their eighth time. Broken down according to language, the rates for French-speaking participants were 23% and 19%, respectively, compared to 35% and 7% for English-speaking attendees.
- The majority of respondents (60%) had heard of Québec Exploration by word of mouth. The Web site and e-mail announcements tied for second as the most visible promotional methods according to 28% and 27% of respondents (note that respondents could select more than one response).
- Ninety-seven percent of respondents said that they were satisfied (37%) or very satisfied (60%) with the quality of services offered by the staff.
- As for the program, 98% of respondents indicated that it suited them well or perfectly (well: 40%; perfectly: 58%).
- Participants indicated that Québec Exploration's three most important components were the geoscientific program (64%), the trade show (61%), and partnering and networking (56%).
- The most popular topics on the program were current and future exploration projects (77% of respondents); new exploration targets (65% of respondents); and innovations, technology, and R&D (60% of respondents).
Detailed analysis of the survey results is under way. Conclusions drawn from it will help guide future editions of Québec Exploration. Why not block off November 21–24, 2011 on your calendar right now for the 9th edition of Québec Exploration at the Château Frontenac?