Proposed revised approach to public land use planning
Public land use planning is the responsibility of the Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles. It must prepare public land use plans (PLUP) in collaboration with affected government departments. The approach for developing these plans describes the entire land use plan process and its guiding principles.
A review of the current approach to land use planning was initiated in 2017 with the following objectives:
- Make the public land use planning process more participatory and transparent
- Place greater emphasis on the concerns of communities
- Increase the coherence of activities on public land
- Simplify the contents of PLUPs.
The proposed revised approach to public land use planning that is the subject of this consultation contains the following:
- A presentation of the context of public land use and the role of PLUPs (points 1 and 2 of the consultation document)
- The government’s objectives for public land use planning (points 3 and 4)
- The steps of the land use planning approach (point 5)
- PLUP contents (point 6)
- PLUP implementation (point 7)
Please share your opinion and comments on the improvements in the proposed revised approach by filling out the brief 9-point questionnaire below. It will only take a few minutes of your time. To assist in the reading of this document, the main changes are explained in the text of the proposal.
- Approach to Public Land Use Planning
- 2017 Report on the Approach to Public Land Use Planning
- Information Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
To reach us