Taking part in a random draw
The Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles offers you the opportunity to take part in a random draw for the allotment of vacation lots on public land. The lots are located in highly sought-after areas and generally cover 4,000 m2. Most are wooded, waterfront lots, accessible by land except in some special cases.
The random draw will take place from September 21 to October 27, 2019.
You can see the sites that are available on the Map of sites offered by random draw .
Terms and conditions for registration
To participate in a draw, each person must:
- complete an official registration form . Only one registration is allowed per draw code;
- pay the non-refundable registration fee of $31.04 ($27 GST and QST not included);
- be 18 years or older.
Registration may be completed by:
- Internet through the registration form ;
- mail, as indicated on the official registration form available in all of the general regional offices of the Department, MRC and those of the Société des établissements de plein air du Québec (Sépaq). Each box of the form must be completed. The registration fees are payable by credit card only order made out to Sépaq;
- phone at the toll free number 1 800 665-6527.
All entries that are fraudulent or contain false information will be rejected. In addition, if an entry form has been incorrectly filled out, it may be cancelled, without notice, before the draw.
The entry and draw process is administered by Sépaq, and allocation of lots by MERN or MRCs.
If an error is found on your entry form, we will notify you by mail if time allows. The notice will indicate how to correct your entry.
The draw will take place electronically under the supervision of an external auditor in the presence of witnesses. Each participant will be informed of the rank he/she obtained in the draw in a letter or an email, according to the registration method chosen. Those who registered online will receive their results within 48 hours of the draw. For those who registered by mail, the results of the draw will be mailed to them within five business days of the draw.
Allocation of lots
Based on your rank in the draw, the MRCs issue invitations to the lot allocation. The number of invitations sent is determined by the number of lots available. The location and date of the lot allocation will be communicated to the participants in the letter or email.
According to applicable regulations, participants may not rent or acquire more than one of the parcels of land offered for recreational purposes in one or more administrative regions through the random draw process.