A successful 6th edition!
The 6th edition of the Québec Mines Congress was a tremendous success, thanks to everyone who took part! The event, attended by all mining sector’s stakeholders, has become one of the highlights of the calendar.
Québec Mines in figures
- Approximately 2,070 participants travelled to the Québec City Convention Centre to take part in the event’s various activities.
- More than 100 conferences, 12 short courses and numerous networking activities were held over a four-day period.
- At the conference on digital skills in the mining sector, participants were able to learn more about present and future leading-edge workforce training practices in a digital, automated industry.
- The First Nations conference day presented by the First Nations of Québec and Labrador Economic Development Commission attracted its fair share of visitors.
- Roughly 500 visitors of all ages attended the Discovery Day event held on Sunday, November 19, at which they had the opportunity to explore time and space.
- School visits: 2,165 elementary and secondary school students were introduced to geoscience and the modern mining industry on November 21, 22 and 23.
Participants and collaborators
The Québec Mines Congress brought together Québec’s principal mineral resource development stakeholders. Its valued collaborators include the Association minière du Québec, the Comité sectoriel de main-d’œuvre de l’industrie des mines, Groupe MISA, the Institut national des mines, the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum, the First Nations of Québec and Canada Economic Development Commission, the Geological Survey of Canada, the Association des économistes québécois, the Association québécoise des sciences de la Terre and the Canada Space Agency.
Aboriginal student visitors
Thanks to the financial contributions of ArcelorMittal and Tata Steel Mineral Canada, a group of 16 Innu and Naskapi students from the Schefferville and Sept-Îles regions and the communities of Matimekush-Lac John, Kawawachikamach, Maliotenam and Uashat were able to visit the M4S educational exhibition on Earth Sciences and the modern mining sector.
We would like to thank our financial partners for their contributions to the success of our educational activities and student contests: ABB Canada, SMS Equipment, FRQNT, INMQ, SOQUEM, SIDEX and the MDDELCC.
The next edition of Québec Mines will be held on November 19 to 22, 2018, at the Québec City Convention Centre. The team will be working hard to offer short courses, conferences and other activities connected with the mining sector’s situation and concerns.